in 1998, Washington Mathematics Science Technology Public Charter High
School (WMST PCHS) is a leading school that is free to residents of the
District of Columbia.
The mission of WMST is to provide a rigorous education,
integrating mathematics and science instruction with technology that
will enhance analytical reasoning development. Our goal is to produce
highly motivated, successful students prepared for higher education in
mathematics, science, technology and related careers.
Here’s why you should consider enrolling your son or daughter in our school:
- Only open enrollment public school in the District to make Adequate Yearly Progress in Reading and Mathematics in 2006-2008.
- Middle States Accredited and chartered by the DC Public Charter School Board
- 99 percent graduation rate
- 98 percent of graduating students attend college.
- School activities include National Honor Society,
nationally-recognized debate team and Air Force Junior ROTC program, one
of only two in the city.
- Summer Aerospace Camp at Kansas State University
- GreatSchools.net and Businessweek Top Performing School.
- Ranked by Newsweek as one of America’s best schools.
- Parent participation encouraged and fostered through
Parent Center & PTSA, with additional parent representatives on
Board of Trustees.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program (link to
www.ibo.org), Advanced Placement (AP) classes and AVID (Advancement Via
Individual Determination) (link to http://www.avid.org/) programs help
prepare our students for success in college.
Our open enrollment period began January 1 and is ongoing.WMST PCHS uses the My School Common Application. Access our 2014-2015 application
Read recent parent and alumni reviews of WMST in GreatSchools.net
For questions on enrollment, please call the school at 202-636-8011, email or write.
1920 Bladensburg Road, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20002